question

office@gamednastudio.com avatar image
office@gamednastudio.com asked

ForceLink for LinkGameCenterAccount and LinkGoogleAccount

Hi,

in LinkFacebookAccount is nice parameter ForceLink which I can use when player want to merge two accounts. Unfortunately LinkGameCenterAccount and LinkGoogleAccount haven't this parameter... :( Can I know why? I can't unlink old account and link to the new...

Thanks in advance,

Patryk

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Whoop - belated update to this thread. We did indeed add ForceLink to all the Link... API calls, so that it's a standard part of the service.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

My apologies - that parameter is not officially part of the LinkFacebookAccount API call yet, and should not be used. I'm having the documentation team correct that now. When we do add that parameter, we will indeed be adding it more universally.

10 |1200

office@gamednastudio.com answered

But it works... 

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Understood, and again, my apologies, but please do not use that parameter yet. It is not officially supported, and may stop working.

10 |1200

So if I can't access to the old account how can I unlink Facebook/Google/GameCenter Account and link to the new one? Unlink API is accessible only from Client which should be logged in... 

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I don't follow. If you can sign into Facebook, you can sign into the account which is linked to that Facebook account, using the Facebook token. And if you can sign into that account using any other method, you can call UnlinkFacebookAccount to remove the associated Facebook account. What's the specific repro that you're solving for?

10 |1200

1. User created profile using Device ID on Device 1.

2. User created profile using Device ID on Device 2.

3. User linked Facebook account on Device 1.

4. User linked Google account number 1 on Device 1.

5. User linked Google account number 2 on Device 2.

6. User want to link Facebook account on Device 2.

7. BOOM! Conflict so I show user basic info about account on Device 1 and Device 2.

8. User chooses account on Device 2 so I need to unlink Facebook account from account on Device 1 and link Facebook account to Device 2. But I can't! Because user can only unlink accounts from Device 2 (which is logged) and Cloud Script doesn't have Unlink functions! So facebook account on device 1 is useless and permanently linked to unused account :(

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The way to do this would be to sign in using LoginWithFacebook. That way, you'd be signed into the first account. You could then call UnlinkFacebookAccount, to remove the Facebook account from it, allowing you to link it to the second account. I realize it's an extra step at this point, but that would be my recommendation.

10 |1200

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria answered

Would definitely be nice to have some way of merging accounts or unlinking other accounts without having to login with one account and then another, specially because there is no easy way to log out.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Merging accounts is very game-specific, as it requires making decisions about how to "merge" (replace old value, add values together, etc.) the user's data fields. We do want to offer that later on, but that particular feature isn't on our roadmap right now. Having a "ForceLink" option in all of our Link... API calls (where appropriate) is something we're looking into. We'll update here soon with more on this.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.