question

andrew-wahid avatar image
andrew-wahid asked

When I register with no username

What If I register with play fab and I don't include a username, when I log in what would I specify in the username field ? I tried using the email but the account was not found..

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you didn't specify a username, then the account has no username. What username field are you referring to that you want to use - what API call are you referring to and what email address did you use with it? If you want to add a username to an account later, you can use the AddUsernamePassword API call, though that one does require username, email address, and password. You can also use Title Display Name, which you can change for the profile.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrew-wahid avatar image andrew-wahid commented ·

When I use registerWithPlayFab and include only an email with no username I can't login into that account..

I am using loginWithPlayFab when I use the email or the display name in the username required request property it returns an error

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrew-wahid commented ·

RegisterPlayFabUser requires that you have either a Username or Email in the call (though you can also require both). If you only use Email with no Username, you would need to use LoginWithEmailAddress to sign into that account.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.