question

msorokin avatar image
msorokin asked

Remove push notification api key from Playfab

Hello.

Server api key for android push notification was added by mistake to Playfab from another project and now when I'm trying to change it to a correct one the Playfab shows me an error:

"Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists"

How can I unregister incorrect server api keys from Playfab service?

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, I remembered that we've got another thread where we talked through the cause of this error and the solution - you can read more on this one here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/6194/setuppushnotification-question.html?childToView=6208#answer-6208.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

msorokin avatar image msorokin commented ·

I have read this, but the solution is unclear. The title name is unique in the Playfab. There is no other titles with the same name. Just api key for push notification was added by mistake to this playfab from another (test) project and from another linked android project. So, I just want currently delete api key, and then later add a correct. Is it possible, simply remove api key from push notification? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan msorokin commented ·

The problem is that the registration for Push for the title isn't in PlayFab - it's in Amazon SNS. We record the ARN returned from that service, so that the title can use Push messages. But specifically, the name of the title - used to create that registration - must be unique in Amazon SNS. So, if you chose a common name or term for your title name, it's possible you're conflicting with someone else's game. That's why we recommend putting your studio name into the game name, if you're seeing this error.

0 Likes 0 ·
msorokin avatar image msorokin brendan commented ·

Hmm.... So, once added push notifications can't be disabled anymore, never, right?

I'm still can't understand, how to resolve this situation. Just create new playfab project and add correct api key for push notification? If so, it's strange that impossible to do this with the current project.

Or you still have some cases how fix it in current playfab project?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

@Brendan Sorry, but how can I overwrite ARN with different one? If i'm trying to enter new google server API key (from another android project and not used anywhere else key) in the Settings->push notifications->Android, but the Playfab still shows the same error: "An application with the same name but different properties already exists". Looks if once key entered it can't be changed anymore. Probably it's a playfab service error/bug?

Please help to do this. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan msorokin commented ·

Did you rename the title, as described above? If so, that should work fine.

1 Like 1 ·
Victor Pryadko avatar image Victor Pryadko brendan commented ·

Thanks. It works.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What is the Title ID that incorrectly had Push Messaging configured?

1 comment
10 |1200

Title ID is 3383

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.