question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Photon's Custom Authentication with PlayFab

johntube
started a topic on Sat, 31 January 2015 at 6:40 PM

Since the P-P (Photon - PlayFab) integration could take long(er)...I started working on both services separately. What I'm basically doing is using the logging into PlayFab first then ["anonymously"] connecting to Photon using PlayFabId and username/displayname, then I'm calling CloudScript code with each Photon Op/Event.

I want to know if it is possible to also make use of Photon's custom authentication by setting PlayFab as "the authentication service provider"...I couldn't find a suitable API URI to put as authentication URL in Photon dashboard. I don't think AuthenticateSessionTicket will do (there is no request/response example like the other API calls by the way).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 01 February 2015 at 1:56 PM

Correct - the authentication component is part of the update we are working on. We'll have more information on this in an upcoming release. For now, please continue to use the two systems in parallel.

4 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 01 February 2015 at 1:56 PM

Correct - the authentication component is part of the update we are working on. We'll have more information on this in an upcoming release. For now, please continue to use the two systems in parallel.

Anthony said on Wed, 04 March 2015 at 7:45 AM

@johntube Can you elaborate a bit more on how you got your system to work?

If Photon is 'anonymous' then in theory there is no authentication on Photon - the PlayFabID is used just as an identifier. Correct?

johntube said on Wed, 04 March 2015 at 11:02 AM

@Anthony yes, correct ! unfortunately we're still waiting for Photon to support Custom Authentication provided by PlayFab (or the opposite, PlayFab to be supported as a Custom Authentication provided for Photon !).

Brendan Vanous said on Mon, 06 April 2015 at 7:30 PM

For those monitoring this thread, the Photon integration is now in beta. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list (we're staging it out, so that we check for any issues before going broad), please email us at beta@playfab.com. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.