question

andrew-wahid avatar image
andrew-wahid asked

Report not available

I tried using getDataReport but it always returns the same error (Report not available), even on the dashboard the reports aren't available, I used a valid date, also I've tried with everysingle report.

my guess is that its because I just setup this gamemanager today so it have to pass a day or more before making reports ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you only just created the title then yes, you'll need to wait for the first of your reports to be generated. The GetDataReport call retrieves reports which are generated once per day for your title, and are stored in S3. Also, if there was no activity for a particular report (no purchases made, for example), then no report of that type will be generated.

If what you want is real-time analysis of your title, you can see all the events as they occur in the PlayStream debugger. You can also review all events from the past 7 days (default retention period for PlayStream events, but that can be longer via a custom contract) in the PlayStream event history. You can also connect the event stream to analytics providers via the Add-ons Marketplace, and you can have all events piped directly to your own S3 via the event archive.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrew-wahid avatar image andrew-wahid commented ·

so the reports are only updated in the end of the day or are they updated constantly ?

what I am trying to do is retrieve a list of all existing users, so there isn't a direct way to do this, so I wanted to use this report Daily New User History Report each day the current user hasn't logged in and store it in a local database, so he always has the updated users..
if the reports are only updated at the end of the day, does that mean that if someone just registered it won't be logged in the report until the end of the day ?
And also how to use PlayStream, like how to retrieve the events in it ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrew-wahid commented ·

Reports are run once a day, across all titles.

There are a lot of elements to PlayStream - here's our post from when we launched that part of the service: https://playfab.com/introducing-playstream/. For events, you can go to the Analytics->Event History tab, to see and search on the events for your title from the last 7 days.

But specific to your desire for the list of players, I would recommend using a Segment. Go to Players->Segments and click on New Segment. Name it whatever you like, and then in the Player section change the drop-down to "All players". You could then use scheduled tasks on that segment, as well as use GetPlayersInSegment to retrieve information about the users.

0 Likes 0 ·
andrew-wahid avatar image andrew-wahid commented ·

Aha, but how to automatically move users to the "all players" segment once they register ? I cant find any api that moves a user to segment

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrew-wahid commented ·

Segments are constructed automatically - that's a built-in part of PlayStream. We talk about the automatic segmentation in the post linked above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.