question

vokuchok@gmail.com avatar image
vokuchok@gmail.com asked

iOS InApp Verification for auto-renewable subscriptions

Hi

I'am have error with auto-renewable subscription verification (validation result 21004)

What this mean? 

Also I cant find where in playFab I can set sharedsecret

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

From the Apple docs, 21004 is "The shared secret you provided does not match the shared secret on file for your account.": https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/releasenotes/General/ValidateAppStoreReceipt/Chapters/ValidateRemotely.html

However, PlayFab's iOS receipt validation is designed to validate in-app purchases of specific items. We go through a number of steps to confirm that the receipt is valid, is for your title, and has never been used in the past, and then place an instance of the item purchased (from your defined game catalog) in the player inventory. Subscriptions aren't fully supported yet by our system, though if you want to send the specific receipt to us at devrel@playfab.com, we can work with you on possible approaches.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jonas Johnsson avatar image Jonas Johnsson commented ·

is IOS subscription supported now?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jonas Johnsson commented ·

Not currently, no. As with the post above, if you want to open a ticket with us and let us know how you plan to use subscriptions, we can talk through potential approaches.

0 Likes 0 ·
gxj avatar image gxj commented ·

@Brendan Is IOS auto-renew subscription supported now?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gxj commented ·

Subscriptions are supported in a preview form right now, but we do not handle the auto-renewal directly. You need to re-submit the receipt from the client in order to update the status of the subscription.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Posey avatar image
Jeff Posey answered

I could have sworn that my iOS IAP with PlayFab validation was fully working, but when testing today with my first Beta build, the Apple part of the purchase works fine, but then I get the 21004 error about InvalidSharedSecret.

What's interesting is... I went to App Store Connect and PlayFab Apple Add-On settings, and the shared secret WAS different. I was missing 1 character at the end of the secret in the PlayFab Apple Add-On setting. Bundle ID was correct.

So I fixed that and have triple checked it a few times. A couple hours later, I am still getting the same error. Does it take many hours to "propagate" this change? If not, I wonder what the problem is?

4 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

What's your Title ID, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Posey avatar image Jeff Posey brendan commented ·

Title ID: 55477

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jeff Posey commented ·

There's a space in your shared secret (at the start of the string). If you get rid of that (assuming the rest of it matches your Apple secret), you should be good. I'll file a backlog item to have those input fields automatically remove leading/trailing spaces.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.