question

roger.olier@gmail.com avatar image
roger.olier@gmail.com asked

ExecuteCloudScript error ServiceUnavailable

When I try ExecuteCloudScript I always receive an error of ServiceUnavailable, but when using RunCloudScript all works without problem.

Also if I try the "try it" on the documentation it stays on "please wait" forever.

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/ExecuteCloudScript

Thanks,

Roger.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks - we did reproduce the error in the doc page, so we've got the tools team working on getting that fixed.

The ExecuteCloudScript call, however, seems to be working fine in our testing. Can you provide us with the Title ID you're testing and the code snippet showing the call?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria answered

I can echo having the same problem. PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript() doesn't work for me, with the same error "Service Unavailable" every time.ExecuteCloudScriptExecuteCloudScript

10 |1200

roger.olier@gmail.com avatar image
roger.olier@gmail.com answered

Hi!

Is project id 5051 and is the example script "helloWorld"

I'm using unity with the last version of the SDK

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Great, thanks for the details. We're checking on this now, and we'll update as soon as we can.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We've had a separate thread on this, but so everyone else is aware:

The issue has to do with the serializer sending a null value for a property which is a nullable type, but which has no value. We're rolling out a fix for this both in the SDKs and the backend service shortly, but in the near-term, you can solve this for your own builds by setting RevisionSelection to Live in ExecuteCloudScriptRequest.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The fix for this is now live in the service, so you shouldn't encounter it anymore (even if you don't specify the RevisionSelection).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.