question

stefan avatar image
stefan asked

Churn Prediction: When will the user enter the segment

Unfortunately I can't find this anywhere in the doc, I have a user segment with churn prediction is high. Here an Azure function is called where we add gems/items to the player.

When does the user get into the segment? Does the calculation always happen after login or is it calculated once a day. If it happens right after login, I would then have to query again later to see if he got an item.

Thank you!

Player DataPlayer InventoryPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sravya Antharam avatar image
Sravya Antharam answered

Hello, the segments are updated once a day. A player is moved out or will stay in the same segment based on the model's prediction for that day.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Churn Prediction is a service based on Azure Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). PlayFab will consume different datapoints from Player Profile and PlayStream events and determine from the list of Eligible Players who are likely to Churn within the next Churn Window. Only players who have logged in within 21 days will be considered and scored for predictions. For more detail, you can refer to Churn Prediction. When a player enters a churn segment depends on when Azure Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) classify a player as churn, the calculations do not happen after the player logs in.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.