question

Jay avatar image
Jay asked

Where is the pricing and limits information?

The "Pricing" page directs me to the "Limits" page.

The "Limits" page directs me to the "Limits" tab in the "Add-ons" section of my title.

So I created a test studio with a test title... The "Add-ons" section does not have a "Limits" tab.

I've searched the support forums but some of the answers look to be outdated and others seem to be discussing current pricing models but don't say where to go to see the source of this information. The best resource I've managed to find is the screenshot in this blog post which shows that I can upgrade to 100 statistic names for $19.99 per 100k MAU. What any of that means is not actually explained though.

Is there a page somewhere that explains the limits/pricing and defines the terms used as it goes along?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - in our free tier, the pricing for the core services come down to which limits you upgrade, so the limits page would be the right place to explore pricing. We've just finished a pretty major update to the site, so it's possible some references remain from the old one. Where are you seeing a page directing your to Add-ons->Limits? We'll get that corrected. The limits are in your game's Settings, and each upgrade states specifically what the pricing is. In general, those prices are per 100,000 MAU, meaning that each month, the price of the upgrade will be calculated based upon your total MAU. If you have 99,000 MAU one month, for an upgrade that is $19.99 per 100,000 MAU, the cost for that month would be $19.99. If you have 198,000 MAU the next month, the cost for that month would be $39.98.

Alternately, if you'd like to look into an enterprise contract, we can also work with you on that pricing model - feel free to open a ticket with us, if that's what you're looking for.

When questions are answered in the forums, they'll be accurate for the links and tab layout at that time - it's not possible for us to search all the posts for all references to the tabs when they change and update them. That said, if anyone re-opens an existing thread with a question on the correct location for where to find something in the new layout, we'll absolutely provide the latest info.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jay avatar image Jay commented ·

Here's the user path that took me to frustration:

1. Go to playfab home and click on pricing from the menu at the top.

2. It says "Visit our limits page to see our current set of limits and upgrade pricing."

3. There is no "Limits" link at the top, but at the bottom there is one called "Usage Limits", click that.

4. This page says "To view the usage limits, create a free PlayFab account, and login to the PlayFab Game Manager. Visit the "Add-ons" page, then click on the "Limits" tab." and there is a screen shot of the add-ons section with its "Limits" tab selected.

5. The real Add-ons page doesn't have a Limits tab.

Thanks for the answer, I have found it now, in settings, but I think it would make more sense in the Admin panel next to the Billing tab!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jay commented ·

Thanks - we'll get that page updated. We're also looking at how we may want to reorganize our info to get more details specific to the free tier into the main pages, so thanks also for the input on that!

0 Likes 0 ·
amie avatar image
amie answered

A bit of a late response - but I think the "Limits" link which is referred to in bullet point 2 of your user path is meant to refer to https://playfab.com/limits/ rather than to the limits tab in settings? I had to manually take a stab at that URL, because there appears to be no link to it anywhere on the pricing page or anywhere else on the site menu I could see.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

That limits page is a much more general intro to how we manage limits, and does not provide any specifics for titles. It's usually much more useful for a developer to look at the actual limits for the title, by going to the Settings->Limits tab in the specific title, in the PlayFab Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.