question

beckmanjeff avatar image
beckmanjeff asked

Report on custom event Key-Value pairs without setting up Event Archive

Good evening and happy Friday. I'm looking for a way to report on custom events without having set up our Event Archive since we're not yet set up to have an Amazon S3 bucket; I'm simply trying to QA our event implementation. Is there a way to query custom events' Key-Value pairs either via the online Analytics section or thru an API?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

beckmanjeff avatar image beckmanjeff commented ·

P.S. I'm aware it's possible to see the JSON associated with a single event by going into Analytics or Players; I'm looking for a way to query or at least output all custom events. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

PlayStream is designed to give you a way to view the realtime events passing through the system in the Game Manager, but for deep-dive analysis of those events and storing complete logs, you would need to enable either the Event Archive or else one of our analytics partners in the Add-ons Marketplace. You can certainly use the Event History tab to review events for players within your title's retention period, but beyond that, you would need some form of analytics storage.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

beckmanjeff avatar image beckmanjeff commented ·

As I suspected. Thanks, Brendan!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.