question

Brendan Malcolm avatar image
Brendan Malcolm asked

LinkSteamAccount is successful, but is then immediately unlinked from the player profile

Hello,

I am running into an issue that only began occuring in the last 24-48 hours.

I have a player from Taiwan who's Steam Account has been unlinked from their PlayFab account. After troubleshooting with this Player, I can see Playstream events on the account that shows the Steam Account is being linked successfully, but is immediately unlinked thereafter.

The promise within my game succeeds, returning a successful response to the player indicating that everything was processed correctly. However, something is occuring after this that causes the account to unlink within 60 seconds. If the Steam Auth Session Ticket was invalid, the response would indicate this via an error.

I've searched my playerbase for any other references to their Steam account, but there are no other PlayFab accounts that have any association with it.

This player also mentions that they know someone else from Taiwan who is experiencing similar issues.

I'm not sure what seems to be happening here, and am hoping you can provide further information for me if you spot any issues on your end or what could cause the steam account to immediately unlink?

If you need more information, I can provide it where required.

JQdMdrH.png

Player DataAccount ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Does this issue happen to that specific player, or have you reproduced the issue with other steam accounts? If it's the specific player, do other login credentials (like Facebook, etc.) have the same issue on that player's account? Also, could you please provide your TitleId and player's account ID?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brendan Malcolm avatar image Brendan Malcolm commented ·

Currently, this is the only report that has come to me about it so far. This person mentioned another player from Taiwan was having similar issues recently with the Steam account not linking to the PlayFab account.

We only use CustomID or SteamAccount for authentication, so we can't test any other methods of account linking to see if the issue persists there.

Our game also provides no method to the player to unlink an account from their end. The account linking process only activates on game launch as well.

TitleID: E3855 Player Account ID: 7FF7382BDDB1EDA4

Thank you for your help. If you have any further insight into this issue, that would be great to hear.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brendan Malcolm avatar image Brendan Malcolm commented ·

I have received reports of another user facing the same issue. Looking at the playstream data, I can see the steam account has linked and immediately unlinked.

They are also not able to get the Steam account linked manually though troubleshooting steps I've provided.

Player ID: EE7B91B5877F2425

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Brendan Malcolm commented ·

PlayFab backend won’t unlink the account automatically. Have you reproduced this issue with Steam account by yourself? In addition, as a workaround, since you don’t provide method to the player to unlink an account from their end, you can try to disable the UnlinkSteamAccount API with UpdatePolicy API to see if the problem still exists.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.