question

jason@offthemapgames.com avatar image
jason@offthemapgames.com asked

JSON serialization in Unity with Mono backend

Hi,

I noticed this in the release notes:

• Known Issue (not resolved): SimpleJson does not serialize correctly when using the Player Setting "Scritping Backend" option: "Mono2x". Until this is fixed, please use "IL2CPP" if possible.

IL2CPP isn't officially supported for Android builds, as of Unity 5.3.4p1.

I am curious what priority this fix has, since it sounds like a blocking issue for Android games. Or maybe it's not as bad as it sounds. :)

Cheers,
Jason

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

Hey Jason,

We were specifically referring to iOS targeted builds. Android should work fine under Mono2x build settings. In an effort to make our serializer as broad as possible, our SDK now offers the option to override the serialization library to the developer's preferred library.

Although this is possible now, we will be releasing a guide demonstrating how to use the serializer of your choosing. I am aiming for this to be ready by the end of next week, but I can walk you through the details sooner if you have any questions.

-Zac

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jason@offthemapgames.com avatar image
jason@offthemapgames.com answered

Here is an open source, MIT licensed, Unity-centric JSON serializer which claims to work on all platforms: Full Serializer.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.