question

nadrabu3 avatar image
nadrabu3 asked

rights of microsoft playfab documentation

Hi, could you tell me if the information and the CODE snippets are protected by any sort of copyright or rights ? I can take the snippets of code of playfab and use it directly on my c# unity commercial game ? an example : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/playerdata/how-to-set-read-only-player-data

documentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As License from PlayFab and Restrictions mentions: “To facilitate your use of the PlayFab Services, PlayFab may make available to you certain documentation, application programming interfaces (APIs), and sample source code (the "Licensed Materials"). Subject to your compliance with the Terms (including, without limitation, the payment obligations described in Section 5), PlayFab grants you a revocable, personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the Licensed Materials made available to you by PlayFab as part of the PlayFab Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the PlayFab Services as provided by PlayFab, in the manner permitted by the Terms. Any other use of the Licensed Materials is prohibited.”

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nadrabu3 avatar image nadrabu3 commented ·

I didn't understand, however, if I can copy and use the code examples in the documentation? Can you help me understand?

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com nadrabu3 commented ·

If I were to paraphrase (and I know that's very dangerous), I think it's saying something like "You can use sample code in your games that integrate with PlayFab, but please don't republish and sell the samples as your own instructional content."

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.