question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

RequestMultiplayerServer: This API must be enabled for client access

We get an error in unity 2021.3.19f1 When using the latest Playfab SDK. We are using the correct title and we have the player login to playfab. Multiplayer server is enabled in the game title.

In unity we need to get the playfab server information by using RequestMultiplayerServer call. But we get an error saying:

MultiplayerServer/RequestMultiplayerServer: This API must be enabled for client access in the Game Manager API Features settings

I assumed that there was a client side setting in the game manager that enables this. But I could not find a checkbox for enabling client to request multiplayer servers. Maybe there is a different name for it. I allowed the client to start a game, thinking this is the closest thing to what I need. What do I need to do to allow the client to request Multiplayer Servers information?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Yes. That error indicates that you need to enable “Allow client to start games” feature through [Game Manager] -> [Your title] -> [Title Settings] -> [API Features] -> [Allow client to start games]. May I know do you still have same error after enable that feature?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com commented ·

Ok after waiting the call worked.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui george@thenuum.com commented ·

Glad to hear it worked.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.