question

edwardbarbu avatar image
edwardbarbu asked

Economy v2 limits

We are trying to implement an auction-house/marketplace functionality using Economy v2. At first glance it seems like implementing each in-progress auction as a Catalog item would be the way to go. So, my questions: 1) I struggled with finding how many Catalog items we can have max, what limits are there in Economy v2 for Catalogs? (both UGC and normal) 2) Also what's the benefit of using UGC Catalog vs the normal Catalog? 3) Is my idea of implementing auctions as Catalog Items viable, or is there a better way?

Thank you

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I struggled with finding how many Catalog items we can have max, what limits are there in Economy v2 for Catalogs? (both UGC and normal)

As the document says, Economy v2 has Large unified catalog (unlimited number of items) of in-game goods or UGC.

Also what's the benefit of using UGC Catalog vs the normal Catalog?

Compared to normal catalog, PlayFab User Generated Content (UGC) empowers your players to create, upload, and search for moderated content. It helps you to build an engaging creator community around your title. For more information, you can refer to PlayFab User Generated Content.

Is my idea of implementing auctions as Catalog Items viable, or is there a better way?

If you want to implement the auction function based on PlayFab, you do need use Catalog Items. After granting players the Catalog Items, the players can conduct auctions and other operations on the item. Regarding the specific function of the auction (how the auction is conducted and how long it lasts), you need to implement it yourself.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

It's worth noting that the Catalog is the same for "normal" and UGC. It's really just the item type that's different. When you enable UGC for your players (typically by allowing them to call the CreateDraftItem, etc. methods), they will be able to create items of type "ugc". Players are not able to create the other item types like "catalogItem", "bundle", etc. Those are for your use as a Title developer.

10 |1200

dantasabel avatar image
dantasabel answered

In v1, there's a 1kb limitation on the amount of data that can be added to the CustomData field.

How does that work in v2? Do similar limitations exist in v2? How much data one can append to the catalog item?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.