question

developer-7 avatar image
developer-7 asked

Reset email and password

I would like to be able to change the email and password of a playfab user account.

Until now I have found only this routes:

• Access the player profile from the dev dashboard and manually change email and password

• Use the "forgot password" request to reset player's password

I would like to confirm if there is any other way to achieve this.

Thank you!

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

If you want to reset account email for a player, the only supported way is to use Game Manager Portal like the screenshot shown below. If you want to reset password, you can either choose to send password reset email through Game Manager, or use Account Management - Send Account Recovery Email - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn or Account Management - Send Account Recovery Email - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn. For using SendAccountRecoveryEmail API, if you don’t specify a EmailTemplateId, PlayFab will send a default account recovery email template to player.

Besides, if you want to send a custom account recovery email to player, you can refer to Using Email Templates to Send an Account Recovery Email - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.