question

yogev avatar image
yogev asked

azure and storage account

Hey, I am using azure functions Do I have to use a storage account? I deleted it and its seems that the functions do work

I am not storing anything on azure only triggering stuff from playfab and returning info

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

As the doc: Storage considerations for Azure Functions | Microsoft Learn says, Functions relies on Azure Storage for operations such as managing triggers and logging function executions. So, the Storage account is required.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yogev avatar image yogev commented ·

Thank you, I set it up and everything but for some reason I get this error "storage is not configured properly" I hope the functions will work ok because they are working now

0 Likes 0 ·
yogev avatar image yogev commented ·

I tried to re create the function app and still have the storage is not configured properly I checked the docs and everything looking good

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha yogev commented ·

Since you delete the storage account before, the issue may relate to storage account recover, you may refer to functions-recover-storage-account | Microsoft Learn to re-create the storage account. If not the case, and if you are using Free Trial account, you can try a different approach like Create functions using Visual Studio Code and connect to Azure Storage, you can refer to Quickstart: Create your first C# function in Azure using Visual Studio | Microsoft Learn or Create a C# function using Visual Studio Code - Azure Functions | Microsoft Learn. Also, since I am not an expert in Azure Function, you can seek professional assistance from Azure Support team.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.