question

pumikpum avatar image
pumikpum asked

Help global policy JSON disappearing after saving

Hey, I have by mistake overwritten Policy JSON on my title id. I have been searching some information across the PlayFab forums and found this https://community.playfab.com/questions/58651/entity-global-title-policy-policy-json-constantly.html discussion. I have exactly the same problem.

Is it possible to reset the policty JSON for me?

Title id is: 65CB9

apis
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

You can create a new title to copy the default policy and use it to set the policy in the current title.

0 Likes 0 ·
pumikpum avatar image pumikpum Gosen Gao commented ·

The problem is literally that each time I add the default policy JSON and save it, refresh the page and it sets it back to {}. In the discussion I mentioned above was an example of the issue https://gyazo.com/248567e1f6fcb76878a9969ffe96282e

No matter what kind of text I try to save there, at the end it will save it as {}

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao pumikpum commented ·

May I know how you set the Global Entity Policy to ‘{}’? The Global Entity Policy should not accept value as ‘{}’, it requires a JSON array. I want to know this info so that we can make some changes to prevent such thing from happening. In my tests, I set the Global Entity Policy to ‘[]’, and reset it to the Default policy, all works fine. But I cannot set it to ‘{}’.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Do you mean you called Authentication - Update Policy - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn and overwritten the “ApiPolicy”? If so, the ApiPolicy is different from ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY, ApiPolicy is used to control API access.

I can reproduce your issue by setting the ApiPolicy to an empty list, then the ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY is affected and shown as {} in the Game Manager. But Account Management - Get Global Policy - REST API (PlayFab Profiles) | Microsoft Learn and Account Management - Set Global Policy - REST API (PlayFab Profiles) | Microsoft Learn can still get and set the ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY. Changes made in Game Manager are also available via the Get API, so I think this is a display issue and I will report this issue to our team.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.