question

pumikpum avatar image
pumikpum asked

People hacking our game by creating a lot of alts and sending loads of APIs. Is there a possible fix?,

We recently released a game and it was made on Unity and it supports client and web. So in the past we already had people hacking the game by changing statistics and virtual currency. These issues got fixed through cloud script.

Now we got a new issue. Some people are mass creating alt accounts. Yesterday I was working on the project and noticed around 500 account being made in the last few minutes. They all used some fake email for example "fun1234", "fun3214" and etc. After that I just turned off the API features for the project so we can possibly fix this.

Also today I noticed that more than 30M API calls were called for ServiceHealth status.

I had some ideas in mind to prevent players from creating a lot of accounts simply by setting account username to the device id the user is using. And to let user register multiple accounts I can add one number to the end. And so if there are more than 3 accounts created with the same ID it won't let the user create a new one.

So my question is that: are there any ways to limit user account creation and is there a possible way to keep track of users calling the APIs so they can be automatically banned?

Here are the pictures that I have. One is from the PlayFab dashboard which was taken by me of the API calls and another one shows the console of user creating the accounts.

5672-image-1.png

5671-apicalls.jpg

apisAccount Management
image-1.png (151.5 KiB)
apicalls.jpg (20.8 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab does not provide such features to limit user account creation and keep track of users calling the APIs so they can be automatically banned. In your case, the solution is to use login methods that are not easy for hackers to create accounts, such as LoginWithFacebook or LoginWithGoogleAccount that require third-party authentication, and disable all other unused login APIs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pumikpum avatar image pumikpum commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.