question

amazdeh avatar image
amazdeh asked

unity editor extension not saving its values

I'm using the latest version of your SDK. I have an issue with the editor extension that despite the fact that my title is selected, whenever I open up editor, I should open settings window and click save in order for title data to be saved and I can call playfab APIs , otherwise instead of titleID.playfabapio.io , i'll have an empty subdomain.
The new issue is that when I choose HttpWebRequest, it will return back to unity WWW and I have to redo it time to time when I open the editor.

Two questions
1- Is it a known bug,
2- Where does playfab save these values

Another thing is, the new extension or maybe the servers don't work with www anymore and many of the calls return 500 server internal so I guess you should remove the option of using Unity WWW or fix the issue (former should be ok since HttpWebRequest is not experimental anymore)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marco Williams avatar image
Marco Williams answered

Hi amazdeh,

yes the setting reset issue is a known issue, I don't have an ETA for a fix but we will be fixing this issue.

WWW should be the more reliable call. If your getting 500 server internal errors, please send all the info of that request to devrel@playfab.com so we can look into that. You should never be getting a 500 error from our service.

HttpWebRequest is not experimental, but Unity has a bug where in the editor the response never returns and times-out. We have a work around in place for it, but it is uber annoying and there is nothing we can do about it until unity fixes it.

There are also some issues with some API calls and the compression. So I recommend, at this time, to leave the compression turned off for best results and reliability.

We will get the settings issue resolved ASAP, the problem is that somehow the scriptable object get's reset and we are not sure why as of yet.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

amazdeh avatar image
amazdeh answered

I've done some editor scripting, Are you using EditorUtility.SetDirty and then AssetDatabase.SaveAssets for the scriptable object?

About WWW thing, I'll check again and will send an email when I get the time today/tomorrow.

10 |1200

Marco Williams avatar image
Marco Williams answered

Hi Amazdeh,

I'm pretty sure we are using SetDirty and SaveAssets, I'll double check when I have some time to look into the issue.

Thanks,

10 |1200

amazdeh avatar image
amazdeh answered

@Marco Williams The WWW issue is gone so I assume it was something temporary yesterday sometime around current time, 1-2 hours sooner at most. I could not make any calls with Unity WWW but with WebHttpRequest I could.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.