question

tudorjude47 avatar image
tudorjude47 asked

Is there any way I could track users who had the most ingame currency?

So my game currently has 2 in game currencies. Is there any way I could retrieve an ordered list of the players who have amassed the most in-game currency, who spent the most in-game currency etc using the query builder? I know it sounds sort of like a leaderboard and I could place this data in the statistics area of the player, but is there any other way to do this? I already have a playerbase and tracking statistics data would be irrelevant for old users since i'd implement this money tracking now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Apart from using Leaderboards, the main recommendation for this (as well as other data analysis of your players' behaviors and actions), I would recommend using one of our analytics partners, or else piping all your event data to S3 via the PlayStream->Event Archive, and then doing your own analysis via Tableau (we can get you the config files for a job that would populate a Redshift from your S3 bucket). Since we don't store all events for all time for games though, that would still mean only have the data going forward. For folks wanting to do any analysis on their games over their lifecycle, I can't recommend strongly enough working out how you want to do your analytics pre-launch.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.