question

Juan de Alba avatar image
Juan de Alba asked

UpdateUserData - CloudScript or ClientAPI ???

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding modifying user data. I have been researching PlayFab documentation, but I haven't found a concrete solution. Currently, I am using the PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserData method to update user data, but I am concerned that this may lead to potential cheats. After exploring other options, I am considering using cloudscript and calling a function with the necessary parameters. However, I recently came across another option that involves using PlayFabServerAPI, but I am not entirely sure how it works. While cloudscript seems like a viable option, I am unsure if it is the most cost-effective way to modify player data. I would greatly appreciate any insights on this matter. Thank you!

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Using CloudScript to update user data is actually calling PlayFab Server APIs in it. If you want to prevent cheating, we recommend updating important data using CloudScript, where you can do some data checking. And please keep critical data in read-only or internal data, since only the server can modify it, refer to Player Data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.