question

Brady Vu avatar image
Brady Vu asked

Hackers exploiting API and spamming “ghost accounts”,Playfab Attack

Hi, so some hackers attacked my game today and somehow grabbed the title id, pulled the IPs and added thousands of “ghost accounts.” My game is relatively small and the hacker group is named “Athera.” How are they doing this? Is there any way I can fix it?,Hi, so I’m making a game with Unity, Photon, and Playfab which is relatively small, but there seems to be a hacker group going around and attacking games. They somehow find the title ID, get access to everyone’s ip address and flood the title with “ghost accounts”. Someone threatened to hack my game and I didn’t think much of it until I saw 4 to 5 thousand “ghost” players in my Title. How are they doing this? Is there any way I can prevent it? Thanks in advance.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Since some login API like LoginWithCustomID require no authentication headers. If hackers know your title ID, they can create "ghost accounts" easily. But as long as your Secret Keys are not compromised, then your game is safe. The Admin/Server APIs require Secret Keys or Title Entity, these ghost accounts don't have permission to harm your game. Also, you can use API access policy to disable certain Client APIs (which you don't need).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brady Vu avatar image Brady Vu commented ·

Ok, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Brady Vu commented ·

Feel free to let me know if there are any other questions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.