question

dylan-1 avatar image
dylan-1 asked

Lobby: ResourceId? ConnectionHandle?

In Unreal using Multiplayer::Lobby API,

1. What is a ResouceId? The docs vaguely describe this as "The name of the resource to subscribe to." What is "the" resource?

2. What is the PubSubConnectionHandle? I just make a new, arbitrary UUID myself and pass it?

If these 2 items are not arbitrary, why do the docs not guide us to let us know what to actually do with these?

Thanks!

apisunrealdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Lobby APIs that contain ResourceId and PubSubConnectionHandle in the request body are used for implementing Real-time notifications directly with REST and SignalR APIs. Refer to Real-time notifications SignalR Hub - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. ResourceId is the lobby Id and the PubSubConnectionHandle is obtained from SiganlR.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 commented ·

ResourceId == LobbyId from Multiplayer::Matchmaking API? Great! Thanks!

As for the realtime events: Wait, I thought the SDK natively supported events here, wrapping SignalR through your calls (rather than having to implement it ourselves)? I'm confused: How is this better than the v1 (obsolete) Matchmaking APIs that seemed to allow native events without further setup? Is Multiplayer::Lobby a beta API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao dylan-1 commented ·

ResourceId == LobbyId, if you call Lobby - Subscribe To Lobby Resource and Lobby - Unsubscribe From Lobby Resource.

Azure Playfab Lobby and Matchmaking SDKs are natively supported events, so you don't need to use such APIs if you are using those SDKs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.