question

Sai Ruthvik Thandayam avatar image
Sai Ruthvik Thandayam asked

Unity server build crash after some time

Hello,

We've been using Playfab for our server builds for close to an year. But the server build crashed yesterday during our production level system test which caused us major bugs and testing issues.

Playfab isn't showing me any server logs or crash report. The build doesn't go to standby mode when the players(clients) have left the experience. So, I am not sure as to why there was a crash in the Playfab server in the first place.

Also, if a server crashes there should be a standby server which should take over but I don't see that happening here. I'm not sure if I am supposed to do anything else apart from adding additional standby servers during the creation of the Playfab server build. Please advise on this issue.

It would be great if someone from the customer support can contact me regarding these issues as I have further questions on scaling our product and how @playfab would be influential in that plan.

unity3dphotonCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

You may follow this tutorial to debug your server: Connect directly to debug game servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. As soon as you connect to the VM, you can use the console of the operating system to monitor your game servers. Besides, you can use Contact us (playfab.com) if you have any issue or question with your account plan.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sai Ruthvik Thandayam avatar image
Sai Ruthvik Thandayam answered

Hey @Simon Cui , thank you for the reply.

I logged into the playfab server using RDP and when I check for the list of docker containers, it doesn't show anything and i get an error "ERROR: error during connect: This error may indicate that the docker daemon is not running.: Get "http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.24/info": open //./pipe/docker_engine: Access is denied." The server still shows active on the developer dashboard. So, I'm not sure how to access the logs in the VM. The logs still don't show up on the developer dashboard. Can I get connected with a playfab dev for this issue to be resolved and discuss alternate solutions if we get this issue again. This is hindering our production in a major way and fixing this issue is our top priority at the moment. We can discuss about our account plan with the playfab dev while discussing this issue.

1 comment
10 |1200

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

Hi, could you provide your titleId and server build Id for us to troubleshoot? Do you have access to the support ticket? The minimum required account plan to open support ticket is Standard Account Plan. If you do, please follow this document to open a support ticket: SUPPORT TICKET SUBMISSION.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.