question

acyace2020 avatar image
acyace2020 asked

ConcurrentEditError on updating multiple profile data

Pretty much similar to mentioned in an older post

I'm updating multiple profile data (i.e., User Data, Internal) upon entity created. It worked fine until I added two more update to readonly data to it (one for public and one for private), giving me concurrent edit error.

I'm calling the update api with multi threaded calls, so obviously that's the problem.

As my current understanding there's no way to resolve this, but still curious if there would be a way to do combined updates similar to the (opposite of Get Player Combined Info) ? Especially considering there are some data needs to be public, and some private upon the set up, at least those two can be done in a single call?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The previous thread mentioned that “It’s not possible to make multiple concurrent calls to update different pieces of user data for a single player as the update call updates the entire user profile.” Since there is no APIs for update both ReadOnly and Internal data in a single request. As a workaround, you can call these two APIs one after another.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

acyace2020 avatar image acyace2020 commented ·

Hi Gao, That's actually my problem here, when I called them one after another (together with UserData), the API gives me concurrent edit error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao acyace2020 commented ·

May I know your code about this part? Please remove any sensitive info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.