question

Matteo avatar image
Matteo asked

Including missions system in UE5 project.

Hello everyone, Matteo here. I'm in the first development using PlayFab, so I don't even know if what I'm going to ask you can be done.

I'm working on my endless runner and want to include a missions system using PlayFab. Surely, I've to build a system that takes care of the mission's progress inside the game (with Blueprints), but I want to be able to add new in-game missions from the PlayFab dashboard without providing game updates.

Is it possible to do it?

apisunrealgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Currently, PlayFab does not have a dashboard to directly manage/add game missions, but you can add in-game missions by following these steps.

First, set up your missions in Title Data. Use a simple JSON object format to define each with the missions’ names, the rewards and parameters for completion. Please note that title data is suitable for storing global constant/static data, it’s not suitable for the mission progress count (global variables). Then you can use Azure Functions to update mission progress count with User Read Only Data. You can check for completion and grant rewards in an Azure Function too.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.