question

Ankur Ranpariya avatar image
Ankur Ranpariya asked

Execute Function Failed An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Hi PlayFab Support Team,

We have a server running which will create a thread to run ExecuteFunction call for let's say 500 data using Server API. There will be only one thread run at a time which will do the task for X data. All the calls are Async. So, it will wait till the response got for one, and once it's got a successful response it will start another call.

It works most of the time like a charm, but some time Playfab Throws error like An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

Right Now, we are facing this issue with our Sandbox Title DBC72. But we have Production title where that Data call in thread might be lot more.

apisCloudScript
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

Hello, may I know have you restarted your server and run ExecuteFunction again? Please let me know if the issue persists. By the way, an asynchronous method call returns immediately, allowing the calling program to perform other operations, while synchronous method calls wait for the method to complete before continuing with program flow. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Ankur Ranpariya avatar image Ankur Ranpariya Simon Cui commented ·

Hi @Simon

Our Server is Azure Function App. We have tried stopping the Azure function and restarting it. but it's not made any difference.

The issue has not happened after a few times.

And Yes, Asynchronous Method call return Immediate in normal case, but we are using await so it will wait till it's complete the process.

My first assumption was it we are hitting some limit with Playfab. but I can't find any information about limitations for server Api calling on Playfab Title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui Ankur Ranpariya commented ·

The server API are rate limited to 1,000 calls per 10 seconds. For more information about server API limitation, you may refer to this post: Server API limitations - Playfab Community.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.