question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

Problems outside US, specifically europe

I think our cloudscripts are not running correctly in europe? Most of them seem to work. The only reason we noticed is because we have IAP set up with oculus. We handle everything on that end. We have our data on playfab.

After a purchase we ask playfab to assign the package or inventory items to the player. We don't find errors but players are not getting their items. We see US players get their stuff just fine, so we know the set up is working.

We are wondering if we missed something in our playfab set up, to make it work overseas. We have emailed support to prepare for launch, but we have not received help or instructions for overseas. Any help would be appreciated.

Player DataPlayer Inventory
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

After a purchase we ask playfab to assign the package or inventory items to the player.

May I know your workflow about this part?

0 Likes 0 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com Gosen Gao commented ·

We have inventory items in catalog v1 and curency v1. We use a cloudscript to give the player what they bought. The cloud script works most of the time. Is hard to test specifically with EU. There are so many calls happening so fast. Is hard to use playstream with the whole game. We need to monitor a specific account to see if something is wrong. We also have to ask someone to make a purchase. On our case we can test it here, just hard in EU.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

If you call the CloudScript with Server-Side Cloud Script - Execute Cloud Script - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn, please set “GeneratePlayStreamEvent” to true. If you trigger the CloudScript with Rules, please enable the “Publish results as PlayStream Event”. Then you can follow Getting started with Data Explorer advanced mode - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to check the execution events(player_executed_cloudscript for REST API, player_action_executed for Rules) of the players that didn’t get the rewards to see what is the cause.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com commented ·

Thank you! That is very helpful. I have set some playstream events for those cloudscripts to true. I am not sure how to filter player names or ID. Is there a way to filter by error or by cloudscript function name?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao george@thenuum.com commented ·

You can refer to

['events.all'] | limit 100
 | where FullName_Name == "player_executed_cloudscript" and EventData.FunctionName == "xxx" and Entity_Id == "xxx"
0 Likes 0 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com Gosen Gao commented ·

Hi thank for that. Very helpful. I ran that script and could not find any events for EU players. I ran some test live with EU players and I did not get any live stream events from them.

Is there any reason why events would not reach playfab at all? They were able to create accounts, but nothing would pop up, like inventory added or stats changed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.