question

tony-1 avatar image
tony-1 asked

API:Inventory/TransferInventoryItemsResult:APIClientRequestRateLimitExceeded

Hi everyone!

I'm using Economy V2 in my game, and implemented inventory on its API. The inventory is similar to grid-based like in old fashioned RPG games (Neverwinter Nights, Diablo II, etc) so I've decided to use InventoryItems StackId as Cell0, Cell1, Cell2, to manage items on grid in the game. Though, while dragging items between cells, I'm using Transfer between stacks API.

After dragging 10 items, and having an API call (just for now, for POC), the eleventh one gives me the error:

Error: The client has exceeded the maximum API request rate and is being throttled.

after 30 seconds, when the first api call was made, I can do 10 more drag-n-drops.

I thought about using ExecuteInventoryOperations API but the documentation tells that there could be done not more then 5 operations per one call.

Maybe somebody has a clue how to not to get this error?

Thanks in advance, Tony

apisIn-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If you want to implement a function that can real-time transfer items between different stacks in the inventory on playfab server once you drag items on client, since PlayFab TransferInventoryItems API has a request rate limit of 10 times per 30s and ExecuteInventoryOperations API with player token also has a request rate limit of 5 times per 30s(this API also allows 10 operations to be executed at a time), you cannot achieve your function if you call the API every time you drag the items.

So, as a workaround, you can store the operations of item transfer locally, then after the items in the inventory are set well, then you can call ExecuteInventoryOperations API to transfer the items in inventory on playfab server.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.