question

fiveampsoftware avatar image
fiveampsoftware asked

Does PlayFab support Kongregate ConfirmPurchase?

Does PlayFab support Kongregate StartPurchase->PayForPurchase->ConfirmPurchase like it does for Facebook?

It looks like we're able to setup the Purchase but we are seeing issues when confirming the purchase. We are using the provider as 'Kongregate' but are seeing issues like 1015. Are there any additional documentation or tips to get it working on Kongregate?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the options for non-receipt/entitlement payment providers (those using the StartPurchase flow) are the ones listed in this tutorial: https://api.playfab.com/docs/non-receipt-purchasing.

We'll be adding support for Kongregate payments a Kreds in a future update.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware commented ·

Thanks for your quick reply :)

0 Likes 0 ·
marcospaulis avatar image marcospaulis commented ·

Any update with the support to Kongregate payments?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan marcospaulis commented ·

Sorry, we prioritize in part based on the aggregate need of the community, and simply haven't had many requests for this, so it's not on the schedule right now.

1 Like 1 ·
maciej avatar image maciej commented ·

I am aware that there is currently no out-of-the-box support for kongregate payments. But can you give a hint on how to properly make purchase of currency with playfab sdk?
There is a callback from kongregate when user completes purchase - can I then grant an amount of currency for the player on the client? Or do I have to create a cloud script for that purpose? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ maciej commented ·

You're going to want to create something that can receive a callback from the kongregate service. I'm not familiar with the specifics of Kongregate's callback interface, but the first thing I'd look at are Azure Functions. You can author a function that handles the callback and then calls PlayFab to grant the appropriate items.

0 Likes 0 ·
maciej avatar image maciej Andy ♦♦ commented ·

there is no webhook - callback in kongregate, you get callback from the client-side sdk (javascript)
and if there would be one - you also have cloud functions in playfab, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.