question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

Find a player by id

We have been banning players for certain exploits. We used the IP ban to keep them from creating multiple accounts. But now we have some that claim to not have had anything to do with it. To verify we need to find the account that was banned.

How would I go about finding the account that got IP banned? I know the IP, I tried searching by region or city. But could not find a user that was banned.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

You can use Data Explorer to check the ‘player_banned’ events. Although this event doesn’t contain the IP Address, but you can compare the BanReason and BanExpiration to know if the player is the one you are looking for. If you enable the “Allow client to view ban reason and duration” in [Title Settings] -> [API Features], players can know the BanReason and BanExpiration when login.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com commented ·

How do we find an IP address? We need to find a player with a specific IP address.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao george@thenuum.com commented ·

PlayFab doesn't support search players based on IP address. To find the account that was banned by IP, one workaround is the one I mentioned above. Or you can search based on BannedUntil and Locations_LastLogin_City, but the result may include many accounts, you may need to check it one by one to find the one you want.

0 Likes 0 ·
george@thenuum.com avatar image george@thenuum.com Gosen Gao commented ·

Why is this not a feature? Is incredible. It has been asked since 2017. We can ban by ip but if we need to resolve a ticket about why they were banned we can't find it. How would i do the query for both banned until and last login?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.