question

george-2 avatar image
george-2 asked

Custom Player Attributes

Hi all,

I'm just getting started with PlayFab and I'm beginning to suspect I don't quite understand the philosophy behind it! I've searched for an answer to this issue but couldn't find anything close, so apologies if it's been asked and answered before.

I want to store additional attributes for each of my players. The first of these is a simple string which describes the user's profile picture (for now, this works like the old version of Netflix - the user can choose from 12 images and 12 background colours, so the string describing this might be "8_6" - indicating the 8th image with the 6th background colour).

However, I have no idea where I create these attributes in my PlayFab dashboard.

Can anyone help please?

I'm using Cordova to build my game, so I'm coding in JavaScript in case that's important.

Thanks so much...

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If you want to store an attribute for each player, you can call Update User Data API store the string in player data of each player. For more information about PlayerData, you can refer to Player Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. If you want some Global Constant/Static Data for all player to access, you can store the data in Title Data. For more information about Title Data, you can refer to Title Data - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

george-2 avatar image george-2 commented ·

Thanks Xiao, I'll take a look...

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha george-2 commented ·

Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.