question

Андрей avatar image
Андрей asked

Find Lobby

Goal: Create a lobby by one player and find it by another. Unreal Engine: 4.27, Playfab plugin. I'm using client SDK. I create a lobby successfully - but I can not find it in any way. Somewhere it was mentioned that in order for a lobby to be in the search, you need to subscribe it to receive changes through the SubscribeToLobbyResource method. Question: is it so? To sign, you need to get PubSubConnectionHandle. This can only be done with PubSub. Question: is it so?

sdksMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

By default, the lobby needs a connected entity to be searchable. For more details, please see UseConnections section in CreateLobby API.

PlayFab Marketplace Plugin for Unreal is based on RESTful API and can't be used to establish the connections. To create a connected Lobby, please use PlayFab Multiplayer SDKs.

Otherwise, if you do not need real-time notifications, you can set UseConnections to false and also OwnerMigrationPolicy to None, then lobbies do not need connections to be searchable.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.