question

Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image
Matthew Miskiewicz asked

Scheduled Task (Azure) failing

Two scheduled tasks failed this morning, both with the same error message, "Failed to export player profiles". These tasks have been running for months unchanged. Please see below for the summary info. Was this a temporary server outage issue? Is there anything I need to change or do? Thanks!

{
         "TaskInstanceId": "EC9CB79AE966B592-167",
         "TaskIdentifier": {
             "Name": "Daily League A",
             "Id": "EC9CB79AE966B592"
         },
         "StartedAt": "2023-02-02T04:15:42.3532447Z",
         "CompletedAt": "2023-02-02T04:21:39.5538075Z",
         "Status": "Failed",
         "ErrorMessage": "Failed to export player profiles - Title \"CD7EB\", JobId = EC9CB79AE966B592-167",
         "ErrorWasFatal": true,
         "TotalPlayersInSegment": 0,
         "TotalPlayersProcessed": 0
     }

Edit: it looks like these tasks ran right in the middle of a server incident last night, as reported by https://status.playfab.com/. I'm going to assume that is the cause for now, and that the tasks will work tonight.

Edit 2: Today's tasks failed again also, so the issue is still ongoing. Awaiting resolution, thank you.

CloudScriptscheduled tasks
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

Yes, this issue has been noticed by development team and is in fixing process. We will keep you informed as soon as it is solved. Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image Matthew Miskiewicz Simon Cui commented ·

Is there a timeline for when this will be fixed? Critical game functionality has ceased to function.

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui Matthew Miskiewicz commented ·

Sadly no. I was still waiting for some news from development team. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Thiago Lopes Rosa avatar image Thiago Lopes Rosa commented ·

This is also happening to my game for days...

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Hello, this issue has been fixed. Please let us know if you still have questions.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image Matthew Miskiewicz commented ·

I can confirm that the scheduled tasks are now operational.

Hopefully there are no more 5 day outages in the future. If my game relied more heavily on scheduled tasks, this would have been a nearly catastrophic outage. As it is, some of the multiplayer features were non functional, but the main game was still playable.

1 Like 1 ·
Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image Matthew Miskiewicz commented ·

The scheduled tasks have started failing again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image
Matthew Miskiewicz answered

This same issue just occurred again last night.

1 comment
10 |1200

MpGames Inc avatar image MpGames Inc commented ·

I'm having the same problem. Both times, UTC0 3:00 and UTC0 9:00, it failed.

0 Likes 0 ·
MpGames Inc avatar image
MpGames Inc answered

I'm having the same problem. Both times, UTC0 3:00 and UTC0 9:00, it failed.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.