question

Dominic Hamelin-Blais avatar image
Dominic Hamelin-Blais asked

Is there any way to retrieve an in-app purchase state after validation?

I'm trying to detect in-app purchase refunds. After a purchase, I'm using ValidateGooglePlayPurchase, which work fine. I was hoping that calling it again after a purchase refund would return me a new purchase state/status. But I'm receiving a "Receipt already used" message, which seems by design.

Did I miss an API call or is there something in the making to get an update about a purchase?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The purchase state is handled by the payment provider. If you are using Google Play, when you call ValidateGooglePlayPurchase, PlayFab only checks the receipt with Google Play services to see if we should award the item to the player. If you want to check the purchase state, you can check it yourself through Google Play services.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.