question

Marcel Ernst avatar image
Marcel Ernst asked

Game Manager automatically changes creator of UGC item

Hi,

when editing a UGC item in the Game Manager under Economy > Catalog (V2) > UGC the creator entity always changes to the title.

Trying to call with the old author Catalog/UpdateDraftItem results in an error saying An item with the same ID already exists. Making the exact same request again changes the error message to: The item could not be found. Is there any way to fix the item owners without recreating the item?

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

This sounds like a bug. I'll take a look.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

We found the issue. The fix should roll out to production by next week. Thanks for reporting it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

Thanks for the quick response! Will both issues be fixed, so we can change the creators back to the original creators?

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Marcel Ernst commented ·

You can definitely change creators using the API/Postman. I'm not 100% sure whether it will work in Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Marcel Ernst avatar image
Marcel Ernst answered

Sadly the same error persists when trying to change the creator entities back to their original author. Trying to call with the old author Catalog/UpdateDraftItem results in an error saying An item with the same ID already exists. Making the exact same request again changes the error message to: The item could not be found.

6 comments
10 |1200

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

I don't actually think the fix has been deployed yet. I suspect it will in the next few days, though.

I'll follow up on the series of API calls. Can you get into the failure state making only API calls (without involving Game Manager)?

0 Likes 0 ·

No, I wasn't able to create this error state without the Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·

The problem still persists is there anything we could could as these UGC submissions had many upvotes.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Marcel Ernst commented ·

I'm sorry that we didn't get it fixed. I'll get someone to take a second look. You should be able to switch any item from one Creator to another, so we'll test that the repair scenario works as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.