question

Martin avatar image
Martin asked

Is DisplayName case sensitive?

Is DisplayName case sensitive? I can't find this anywhere in the doc, sorry if I am just blind.

Authentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin avatar image Martin commented ·

To clarify, I mean the case when it is forbidden to have two same displayNames for players. I don't see a way to edit question, hence the comment.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

DisplayName is not case sensitive, which means that two DisplayNames such as “playerA” and “PlayerA” cannot exist in a title at the same time when the DisplayName setting is “unique”. The default setting for DisplayName is unique of players, which can be used to do query. You can also enable it to “Allow non-unique player display names” through [Your game manager] -> [Your title] -> [Title settings] -> [General]. But this setting cannot be disabled once enabled and saved. For further information, you may refer to Searching on non-unique title display names - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.