question

george@thenuum.com avatar image
george@thenuum.com asked

How to find Master Player after Title Player is Deleted?

I have read this: https://community.playfab.com/questions/61570/deleted-title-player-accounts-but-master-player-ac.html

But it does not answer the question entirely. We got bombarded with 100k+ logins. We had to create a new title and remove the old one. Now, players are not able to login to the new title because it says, the email is not available.

1. I can't see any master accounts related to the old title in the new title. YET, it is using that information.

2. Players don't remember their login. How do I send reset password? How do I delete master accounts I can't see? I need to free up these emails. Specially when testing, we are trying emails to figure things out. But is very inconvenient to not have all the data.

What should I do to find these lost Master Accounts? Or is there a way to remove the master accounts even though I can't see them?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

1.I can't see any master accounts related to the old title in the new title. YET, it is using that information.

By design, a new title under the same studio cannot directly show the same master account list in the old title, unless a player logs into the new tile with the same authentication method of the old title.

2. Players don't remember their login. How do I send reset password? How do I delete master accounts I can't see? I need to free up these emails. Specially when testing, we are trying emails to figure things out. But is very inconvenient to not have all the data.

You can use email templates to send an account recovery email, please refer to Using Email Templates to Send an Account Recovery Email - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

Currently, there is no implementation on finding those master accounts after deleted title player accounts. Besides, player deletion may take a variable amount of time and it is possible that it had not yet fully deleted so that an email maybe not available to reuse when a master account is being deleted. You may consider using another title in other studios.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.