question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

Economy v2 bug: Unknown inventory items

Title: 16F0F Player: 83FE5012021E38C0 Item: bbd4905b-499b-440f-9de9-42f267751f82

This player has two currencies bbd4905b-499b-440f-9de9-42f267751f82 in his inventory v2. They're not visible from the dashboard, but appear when you do the inventory call.

The catalog does not contain this item. It should not exist. According to the stack ID it's likely a test item that I deleted from the catalog. The item should appear in the catalog! Just with a warning that it has no catalog entry anymore.

apisIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

The inventory item should definitely appear in the portal, no matter what (even if it's just the GUID). That one is a given. Transparency and all that.

Under Item ID it should perhaps say "Catalog item not found". If the item still knows it's friendly ID, show it too. Also red text would be helpful.

Keeping deleted catalog items around would help in this situation, but I don't know how that would impact backend performance for title that create+delete a lot of catalog items. If the deleted catalog item still exists, the inventory item would know it's deleted and could show it. I doubt the effort to create such a feature is worth the time though. I don't see a serious real world application (other than amateurs happily deleting on their hobby title).

Blocking deleting the catalog item is probably too restrictive. At some point the user has to use common sense.

Since we're at it: The transaction history need an item ID filter or similar. Currently you can only see the operation + API name, but the actual use case is looking up a specific item (e.g. specific shop purchase like an offer bundle).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

It sounds like there's one concrete request.

• Make sure all inventory items show up in the portal. If they don't exist in the catalog anymore, communicate that state.

I totally agree with you on the TxHistory Filter. We had to cut some of the Filter properties due to time constraints on the last release, but I hope we can enable more scenarios soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

Yes. Having all items show up, in whatever form, is a definite request. Currently dashboard and API result don't match.

1 Like 1 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Which of the following are you asserting?

1. The inventory item should appear in the portal with a note that the corresponding catalog item does not exist

2. The inventory item should not appear in the inventory

3. The inventory item should appear in the inventory with a note that the corresponding catalog item does not exist

4. The catalog item should not be deletable

5. The catalog item should be deleteable, but should leave a tombstone that it once existed

My leaning would be to have 1 and 3 both be true.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.