question

HitRock Games avatar image
HitRock Games asked

Should I re-link GameCenter from deprecated playerID to teamPlayerID?

The playerID was deprecated in 2019. As an alternative, a teamPlayerID was added. The problem is that the teamPlayerID is still not available for everyone. And for some players, the teamPlayerID changes after reinstalling the game or for another reason. Should I keep linking players to the deprecated playerID?

Read the details here: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/117617?page=2

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

It's hard to say whether to continue using the deprecated playerID, because no matter which one you use, you will run into some problems (according to the thread you mentioned). Since we are not experts at Apple, you should seek help from Apple's professional technicians. We recommend you add another login method to the accounts so that when the error occurs, players still have a means to log in to their accounts.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HitRock Games avatar image HitRock Games commented ·

I think a good solution would be to allow multiple GameCenter ID's to be linked to a one PlayFab account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi HitRock Games commented ·

Currently, PlayFab doesn't allow one account link multiple Game Center Accounts. So,we recommend you add other login methods to your accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.