question

midiafit avatar image
midiafit asked

Login using device ID

I'd like a program that as soon as the user logs in, it saves the device ID and the next time the user enters the game, they don't have to log in again, but if any other device tries to access the account it will send an email to change the Device ID and the old device will no longer be able to access the account unless it goes through the same process.

Player Dataunity3dAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Here are the steps for this feature.

1. Log in using a non-anonymous method like Login With PlayFab.

2. After successful login, link the Device Id to the account using link APIs such as Link Android Device ID.

3. Save a variable to the local device to mark the game as able to log in with the device ID.

When login with another device.

1. Log in using a non-anonymous method like Login With PlayFab.

2. Unlink the previous Device Id(Unlink Android Device ID) and link the current Device Id. As you need to login first, I don't think it is necessary to send an email for link a new device.

3. Save a variable to the local device to mark the game as able to log in with the device ID.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

midiafit-1 avatar image midiafit-1 commented ·

As I said, I'm a beginner

Does the second step have to be done entirely by code or does the title have some function or tab that advances this process?

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

Not possible with Playfab.

Also it looks super insecure.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.