question

tarek avatar image
tarek asked

UpdateUserData error response: Connection error

Hi guys, I am getting this error: { code: 503, status: 'Service Unavailable', error: 'Connection error', errorCode: 2, errorMessage: 'connect ETIMEDOUT 44.239.148.243:443' }

As a response from calling: https://titleId.playfabapi.com/Server/UpdateUserData

Note that I have an Azure Function that is calling it on about 400 players at the same time, can this be the cause? and if it is, then how should I handle it?

Thanks Tarek

apis
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

May I know your Title Id? And where are you getting this error? In your game server or the Azure Functions?

0 Likes 0 ·
tarek avatar image tarek Gosen Gao commented ·

Title ID: C0DAE It's in Azure function. I first call the Playfab server API "GetPlayersInSegment", then asynchronously I call "GetUserData" then "UpdateUserData" for each player.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

It is not recommended to call GetPlayersInSegment in Azure Functions.

I found some errors in your title, most of them are “DataUpdateRateExceeded” and “ConcurrentEditError”. Please note that there are request rate limits on API UpdateUserData, you can navigate to [Title Settings] -> [Limits] for more info. Also note that, please do not send multiple requests to modify the same data at the same time.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tarek avatar image
tarek answered

Thank you Gosen for checking this.

For anybody having a similar issue the workaround that worked for me was to create a new Scheduled Task in Automation>Scheduled Tasks that runs a Cloudscirpt function on a segment that has all the players. It works smoothly and error free.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.