question

dwarfontherun avatar image
dwarfontherun asked

Modify title data on Solidity event

Hello team !

I'm making a Unity game and I need to modify protected data (I suppose it would be read only data) that would be set only on outside events, so no player can hack it.

2 questions here (by a PlayFab noob ):

• What is the "standard way" of registering to events and modifying data (I suppose some Title Data) on event raise

• How would it be done if that event is emitted from a solidity contract ?

Thanks for your help !

CloudScriptTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

By events, do you mean the events in your client game? The client cannot modify the read-only data, only the servers can. You can write a function in CloudScript or your custom server that modifies the data with the UpdateUserReadOnlyData API. Then you can call this function from your client side. You can add some cheat detection logic on your server function to make it harder to update the read-only data by cheating.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.