question

dwarfontherun avatar image
dwarfontherun asked

Create Secured Shared Database,Create a secured game database ?

Hello guys,

I will have a set of Unique Items that I need to keep track of : - How many have been discovered - Which user owns them - They can switch hands (via trades or gift)

I read a bit about Player's Data, but it seems like PlayFab will not support transfering items between players. Is there another solution here ?

I was thinking about creating a global database with all the unique items ID as key and player ID who owns them as value. Would it make sense ? How to secure it ?

Any input would be really appreciated :)

dataTrading
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>> - How many have been discovered - Which user owns them.

Since you need some global variable to track the number of discovered unique Items and the owner of them, although PlayFab provide Title Data feature for global data, but it is best suited for “global constant/static data” and is not suitable as “global variable”, for the Title Data is cached, and the changes may take up to fifteen minutes to refresh in those caches. So, you need external database to store the data you want to track.

>> - They can switch hands (via trades or gift)

To transfer items between players, if you are using Economy V1, you can use PlayFab Trading system to transfer Items between players, refer to Trading - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn or you can simply revoke the item from one player and grant the same item to another player. If you are using Economy V2, you can use TransferInventoryItems API to transfer items between players, refer to PlayFab Inventory APIs - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.