question

francislamarre avatar image
francislamarre asked

Delete Catalog through Admin API

Hello!

I'm trying to delete a catalog through the admin API, but I can't get it to work properly.

There doesn't seem to be a DeleteCatalog endpoint, so my understanding was that I could use SetCatalogItems to remove all items from the catalog.

I've trying passing an empty array or null object to the CatalogItems property, but it returns a Bad Request Error.

What is the correct way to delete a catalog though the API.

Also, what is the difference between UpdateCatalogItems and SetCatalogItems?

Thank you,

FL

apisIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

Currently, there is no implementation on PlayFab Admin API to delete a “Catalog” directly. The recommended way to delete a Catalog is using Game Manager through “Game Manager” >> “Your Game ” >> “Economy” >> “Catalogs” >> “Click Delete Icon for the specific Catalog”.

As for the difference between UpdateCatalogItems and SetCatalogItems, you may refer to these two documents: Title-Wide Data Management - Update Catalog Items - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn and Title-Wide Data Management - Set Catalog Items - REST API (PlayFab Admin) | Microsoft Learn. According to documents, UpdateCatalogItems is used to update the catalog configuration, while SetCatalogItems is used to create the catalog configuration.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.