question

psevcikbn avatar image
psevcikbn asked

Same CatalogItem in one Store multiple times

Is it possible to add the same CatalogItem to one specific Store multiple times and set different prices, custom data etc ?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

May I know what is your scenario? Currently, same Catalog Item cannot add to a Store twice in both Economy v1 and v2. Economy v1 supports setting multiple prices for one Store item with different Currencies, like 10 Gold/20 Silver. Economy v2 supports setting multiple prices for one Store item with same Currency, such as 100 Gold/200 Gold.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

Progressive pricing. You get one for cheap, but the second and third will respectively cost more.

Playfab store is lacking in modern monetization solutions. It also doesn't support limited quantity per player and time limited purchases.

0 Likes 0 ·
psevcikbn avatar image
psevcikbn answered

Well let's say that each player is assigned to TIER at some point. Tier takes values 1 - 5 and it can change during player's game experience (the idea is that player is trying to always go to higher tier). For each tier I have setup a separate store (T1Store, T2Store, T3Store). This is because each tier is associated with store products which are relevant for that tier only. When player is in Tier 2, he can get Tier 2 store products.

Sometimes I would like to offer the same tier product to the player at a discount price. This means that in my store I want to display some store product X, but also I want to display the same product X but as a special offer with discount price. So it would be visible two times in store. Once at regular price and once as a special offer.

For this, it would be really convenient if I could set up in one Store on PlayFab two different store items at two different prices and different custom data, which would both point to the same catalog item.

Does it make sense ?

1 comment
10 |1200

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

That makes sense, and my initial thought was the discount scenario as well. You can implement it by adding a Bundle (contains the same item, but with a discount price) into your store.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.