question

Nick Anderson avatar image
Nick Anderson asked

Economy V2 - Subscription Support

With the initial blog post last year for economy V2 public preview, it mentioned upcoming "support for virtual subscriptions and subscription marketplace integrations".

Is this something that has already been rolled out and I just not found, or if it's not available yet, could I get an estimate for when this feature is planned for release?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

We're currently working on this feature. It should rollout in the next major release. I'm not committing to a date, but I think it's safe to expect in the first half of this year. Is that specific enough to be helpful?

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Anderson avatar image Nick Anderson commented ·

Is this feature going to support Steam, Sony/PlayStation and Microsoft/Xbox stores?

Also, how confident are you in your first half of the year timeline?

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Nick Anderson commented ·

Yes. It will support all the marketplaces we currently have in public preview. I'm very confident we will support parity with our current system for subscriptions in the timeline above.

When you say "Subscription Support", what integrations and features are most important to you?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nick Anderson avatar image Nick Anderson kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

Will it be possible to use Economy V2 for everything except subscriptions, and use Economy V1 for that? (Since the 6 month timeline is worries us)

On another note, I have been looking into support for in game subscriptions and have not found anything useful in the docs, could you point me at some good docs on the "current system" for subscriptions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.