question

Chad Reddick avatar image
Chad Reddick asked

Webhooks to slack or Discord when dedicated server crashes

Hello!

I was curious if there was a way to use Playfab's Webhooks to callback when a dedicated server has crashed? And in that webhook, it would send out a message (say to slack or Discord) that a particular server crashed with the crash log link and possibly even a time stamp?

I was looking through the Event Names that playfab offers (ex. com.playfab.auth_token_validated), but I don't really see anything related to a server crash or a sort of server stopped unexpectedly sort of Event.

Cheers!

Custom Game Serverswebhooks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab does not automatically generate related events when your dedicated server crashes. You may want to create a custom event with the message you want sent when the server crashes to trigger the Webhook you set. Note that the custom event name in the filter of your Webhook should be like this: title.{Your Title Id}.{Your custom event name}.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kvaba Interactive avatar image Kvaba Interactive commented ·

This needs to be in the official docs. It took me a good few hours to find this comment and the fact custom events are to be written as title.{Your Title Id}.{Your custom event name}.

Cheers :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.