question

freelancegordon avatar image
freelancegordon asked

Issue with Unity Playfab Settings resetting, specifically Request Type

Hi,

I'm having some issues using the Playfab SDK with Unity. Every time I try to change the web request type from "Unity WWW" to "HttpWebRequest" and save the settings, the green bar fills and I don't get any errors. However, every time I close unity and reopen it, or do something that causes the settings to reload (such as changing platform) this setting goes right back to "Unity WWW".

This is really frustrating as I get a lot of timeout issues when using Unity WWW request setting.

Any ideas what might cause this? Nothing is being printed out of the console.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

It appears that there is a race condition in Unity ScriptableObjects. I'm going to file it as a Unity bug, but in the meantime we are now handling it.

We'll be deploying a new EdEx build shortly, so please re-download the asset bundle from the master branch:

https://github.com/PlayFab/UnityEditorExtensions/blob/master/Packages/PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage

Versioned branch will be deployed on our regular schedule.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The tools team is currently investigating another reported issue around saving shared settings. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there may be a bit of a delay in this, but they'll update this thread with more info on that investigation and its resolution as soon as they can.

5 comments
10 |1200

freelancegordon avatar image freelancegordon commented ·

Hi Brendan,

I've updated to the latest SDK but I'm still having this issue. None of my settings changes will either save or take effect. I'm stuck with the settings my project currently has.

0 Likes 0 ·
freelancegordon avatar image freelancegordon commented ·

Update: I've managed to manually edit the scriptable object for shared settings, and it works now (I'm not longer getting could not resolve host error, and it's picking up my secret key, etc)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan freelancegordon commented ·

As it happens, the tools team just posted an update to the Unity SDK that they believe fixes this issue. When did you update your SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
freelancegordon avatar image freelancegordon brendan commented ·

I updated yesterday shortly before I posted, it's what reminded me haha.

I also freshly re-installed the Playfab unity package and I'm still having the same issue. But I've been able to edit the scriptable object directly and that's worked fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.